Old 03-05-18, 03:25 PM   #3
Stevepine
Planesman

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Hi Stevepine,
your system is as good as it can possibly, also you surely have the best possible GPU.
With my GTX 960, I also get FPS drops when I enter a sub section for the first time, then it goes to cache and loads immediately afterwards. I usually just go in to the sonar room and the other section after a fresh load of the game, and that's it. When I return in these sections I don't get any delay anymore.

How a game uses the cache is different everytime. Usually your Nvidia card writes cache files on your computer to be able to load things faster next time you start the same program (and Windows). This is important and activated by default. But I think this is not done with SH5 otherwise these 'delays' wouldn't happen, I think it's a question of how the game was coded, and if possible, to change that would require changing a setting for your GPU.
But which one ?? No idea...You could use Nvidia Inspector, and try one of the numerous tweakings for your GPU to apply for SH5, but I sincerly, I don't have the patience to do it...It's a lot of try-and-error and a big chance to get things worse rather than better...

Ahh thanks for your reply. Interesting. Yeah, It seems its not a problem when i run unmodded SH5 ... only when trying to use Wolves of Steel , I will keep trying to find out what I can. Thanks again.
Stevepine is offline   Reply With Quote