Old 04-09-08, 04:45 PM   #90
Tomcattwo
Loader

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Reply

frenema said:
Quote:
Hi again, did I miss something on the manual or is there no option to open multiple tubes for salvo shots?
From the SH3Speech FAQ Version 1.01:

Quote:

Sometimes I order my tube doors to open and then when I pick another tube, the first tube door shuts! Why is that? Can I get all of my tube doors open at one time?

This is a behavior that is hard coded into SH3 – if you use keypresses for tube selection commands or are in any screen other than the TDC screen, and you cycle or select another tube and the tube door you are currently on is open, SH3 will SHUT the open tube door for the tube you are leaving. I dunno why it does this, but it does.

There are a couple of workarounds so that you can get all your tube doors open at once: Go to the TDC (Attack Map) screen and give your tube orders from there using your mouse or using SH3Speech (using SH3Speech, you’d say,
“TDC Open Tube 1, TDC Open Tube 2, TDC Open Tube 3…etc). Your tube doors will stay open as long as you don’t select another tube from your periscope or UZO screen. Remember when in the TDC screen to say “TDC” as a precursor to any order given here.

Another workaround is to select the first tube you want to shoot, and just before shooting, go to the Conning Tower scope (Turm Sehrohr). Look down and you’ll see some toggle switches. These are for your tube doors. Flip them down to open the tube doors, then go back to periscope or UZO and start shooting. After the first shot, you’ll select or order another tube and the just-shot tube door will be closed for you. Keep shooting till you’re all done. You can ensure the doors are all shut when you make your getaway by ordering “Close all tubes”
R/
TC2