View Single Post
Old 02-15-19, 11:15 AM   #7496
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I have a Single Mission with nine planes with depth charges, and not all of them attack. The ones that do drop their charges do not CTD the game. I'll have to "film" a run through this for the highlights reels. I really do need to tell the difference between Emily and Mavis. One of them is dumber than a box of rocks, while the other sinks my sub every time when I'm sitting at periscope depth... One drop and she drops 'em all right on me, every time. I get all the text messages and the crew would be shouting to beat all if CapnScurvy hadn't turned that all down... I mean, I'll get a "deck gun damaged" or an "aft tube damaged sir" sometimes with the other planes, but when the four engine patrol plane comes over, it's curtains for me. Literally, curtains of water come streaming into the sub... If I can figure out which one it is that does that, I'll leave it out, and maybe I'll get to see some of the others that don't attack on their first pass, maybe try and attack my boat on the 2nd pass...

I've also done the Kamikaze round. The first time through, I wish I would have been recording it, because the Baka loaded Betty came in too hot and fast, and ended up crashing along with the Ohka. Of course, they did that right on top of my sub, sitting at radar depth... I heard phrases out of my crew that I've never heard before. I didn't know some of that stuff could be damaged... I did not get to see the kamikaze zero that round... 2nd run through, the Betty did much better dropping the Ohka right on me. My sub was in the process of dying when the zero came along and crashed into my boat also, finishing it off. Mind you, I was at radar depth for both impacts. Third time through, I was on the surface and at battlestations with two twin 40s (Feb 1945). Neither plane got near me. Very impressive shooting from my crew. We might have to have CapnScurvy dial those AA guns back a bit...

Then I did all the planes with bombs. What a show that was! I am going to have to make me a hightlight reel... Again, the big patrol plane literally blew me out of the water. All of the other planes dropped their bombs (for the most part), with some of them getting in each other's way, and having to make second runs at my sub sitting at radar depth. A couple of them ran into each other. Quite impressive. When the big patrol plane came over and dropped their huge load, they all landed on either side of the sub, and lifted me up... damage everywhere, so we went ahead and blew ballast after the last plane then made its run on us, and we went to battle stations. The mission starts with 14 planes, two of which had crashed into each other. A third had crashed after dropping their bombs. When my crew got finished with them, there were only three left. All the others had been shot down or damaged and then ran off... The log shows five planes splashed. Now these were the single 20s, in 1943, so they are probably a little too strong also. Either that, or I've got crack gun crews...

Anyway merc4ulfate, no crashes from the planes yet. One thing to note though, is that the kamikaze planes (two of them) do take a lot of resources, seemingly more than the 14 plane mission did. I don't know how much you've had going on around you when you've CTD'd, but they do eat the resources. Double-check your LAA and make sure the SH4.exe is set for that. I'll check the fighters that don't have a bomb load-out tomorrow...

Edit: I forgot to ask you which Hansa are you talking about there merc4ulfate? Thanks!

2nd Edit: Well, I put a Hansa Tanker, a Hansa Fast Merchant, and a Hansa Old Merchant, and the screws weren't going on any of the three... digging deeper. - OK, it is the Hansa Old Freighter that is the issue...

Is this the one?
Ohhh ok, I will take a look at those propellers / screws and see whats going on...

Update: No problems in Museum, all ships in all rosters have moving screws, however several screws have no textures which I will look at next..

Last edited by s7rikeback; 02-15-19 at 12:02 PM.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote