View Single Post
Old 09-19-13, 04:57 PM   #110
Nordmann
Commodore

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstein View Post
I waited about 2 hours to get in. I stayed all of five minutes. The game is awful. It's not even worthy of the title "Silent Hunter." It's basically a submarine shooter, just a little tougher.
I think we must be playing different games. Yes the queues are very long at the moment, but a submarine shooter? Uh, no. Complete the tutorial, which takes around 15 minutes, and then play the campaign for at least a couple of hours before coming to a conclusion. 5 minutes? Nowhere near enough.

There is quite a bit of complexity for a browser based game, and it does a decent enough job of simulating submarine warfare, just without all the bells and whistles of SH5. Finding and engaging convoys is by no means as easy as it first appears, and getting kills still requires a bit of skill. It's not without its faults, especially with regards to the rather intrusive payment system, which seems to monetise virtually everything.