View Single Post
Old 12-06-17, 12:40 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Ahhh yesh... and you have RFB on top of RSRDC. So, especially in an S boat, but, to an extent,the others also, your boat is basically an egg shell... one little close concussion and "poof", yer gone... but I'm not sure what that combo has for planes finding you at depth, since I never played it. Maybe they have something in the ReadMe stuff?? Try running around at 250 and see what happens.

If you're in Empire waters though, TC will kill you. Too much happens in that roughly 15 minutes of time that passes when coming out of TC... In FotRSU, I'll use maybe 1024 at night on the surface with radar between Pearl and Midway, 512x at night between Midway and maybe halfway across early in the war. I at least half those figures during the day. Without radar, as soon as I'm seen by the enemy, since I expect them to start "bird dogging" me, I lower that further. During daylight hours after that, I'm not above 64-128x. I'm not trying to "find targets" with TC though either. I rely on my "sensors", of which, just for reference, I've been bombed in broad daylight by a plane that the watch crew didn't see until the bomb detonated on the deck in front of the conning tower... "We're under attack, sir!" - really??... that was 1x TC, btw... - while I was distracted at the chart table, planning a route...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 12-06-17 at 12:51 PM. Reason: whoops! who taught you to spell - a person could get banned for that!...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote