View Single Post
Old 12-05-17, 11:16 PM   #1
jcope
Bosun

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0
Default Need Some Refreshers - Using TC to Find Targets and Why Am I Dying?

When I was playing before, I had some pretty good techniques. Trying to do the same, relying on my memory, it's not working out too well...

First question: Using TC to Spot Targets
I'm not finding the post, but it seems like Rockin Robbins was the one who pointed out that you can watch the stopwatch at high levels of time compression... sailing into the vicinity of a target will cause the minute hand to snag. It worked great. I justify it by reminding myself I have a crew who should be as effective at finding targets. What I'm not sure is what is the right TC to use to do this. Too low, and the minute hand doesn't jump. Too high, and I lose too much time reacting. I thought it was 1556.

Second question: What the hell?
I stay submerged during the day, and sail through using the TC technique I described above. Twice I've been sunk without warning and with no way to figure out who did it. I'm in deep water, submerged at 150 and 200feet, cruising at 2kts, and then boom it's done. A third time the system popped out of TC while an aircraft bombed me and missed. I assume it's an aircraft the other times too. How deep do I need to be to keep this from happening? Or is it not an aircraft?
jcope is offline   Reply With Quote