View Single Post
Old 11-18-16, 03:18 AM   #7010
McDonnel
Watch

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Quote:
As I see this is an older thread, I hope to shed a little lite on my recent save/corrupt/career problems in SH3.

WinXP machine w/2G RAM Pentium 4 CPU w/Nvidia 6800 GPU + SH3 from original disk patched + SH3 Commander + GWX and a few simple realism mods. Playing at 74% realism.

Having learned more, here on SUBSIM, about why crash/saves happen it lead me to a fix of sorts in which a certain problematic commander's career experienced ongoing crashes and recovery, e.g., the save would load and play just fine but crash when loading other times.

In either case, SH3 Commander would load SH3 all the way to the selected commander's saved career list just fine. The game would crash where the selected saved game loaded itself all the way to the "Long ago" screen then goes black then dumps you to Microsoft error reporting - cannot load, etc,.

The culprit, if it can be called that, was at this commander's saved games list screen; I scrolled up the list to inspect saved games dates and sure enough, there was a date out of sequence with the rest of the list. EXAMPLE: real-time game save dates Oct 2 2015 thru to the present date of last game save Sept 21 2916 ---- in that list a single date was out of sequence with the dates BEFORE and AFTER it. Why is unknown.

Naturally, if you delete that errant out-of-sequence entry everything after it is gone too. But what else to do if you wish to save that career at least up to that point in time?

Depending on how far back in the saved games history the out-of-sequence date is, you may not lose much of that commander's career however, in my case I had to delete nearly half a year of real-time game saves, what a shame.

Now, whenever I reach the page to load this commander's saved games, I scroll up the list to verify that date sequence is in order. Thus far I have not experienced any out of sequence game saves and things are going along swimmingly.

Hope this may help someone else navigating similar shoals.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ght=career.tga

Literally, my hero After deleting the save made "16 november 2016" which was between my saves of "17 november 2016", the career loads with no problems.

So, anyone experiencing crashes at loadup, check your save dates guys!
McDonnel is offline   Reply With Quote