View Single Post
Old 05-29-16, 11:30 AM   #41
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
OK, while I've accidentally trashed my v1.3 install (my mistake), I think I've discovered what the sound is supposed to be, and I can get it to sound in v1.3 ("standard" FOTRSv1.3 sounds) when going beyond "Test Depth" in a Gar boat (330 feet). Once you go a bit beyond the red line, there will be the sound of glass breaking, which I assume is supposed to be the sound of a meter's faceplate glass breaking, maybe a light bulb... Problem is, the deeper you go, the more glass that breaks, to the point that by the time you reach approx. 360+ feet, the glass breaking sounds every 1-2 seconds, and is very irritating, in that it's the same sound, at the same volume, and is much louder than the creaking sounds, which have basically stopped anyway. The version 2 sound files may not have a "breaking glass" sound, and that might be the "click" that you're hearing, which would be a file failing to load or play... maybe. But it's much more irritating actually hearing the sound in v1.3... :wink:

Now, if I can figure out what I did to deserve the odd eyes "in" my crewmen... they're there, just very disturbing looking. I trashed something. I also have blank dials at the control station. Maybe it's from going beyond test depth... ??

Edit: In my "stock" v1.5 SH4 install, I've gone much deeper than red line in a Gar boat, and the creaking never stops, no breaking glass sound, and cruised around just fine at 430 feet. I have not attempted to find what happens and at what depth the actual "crush" is yet.
Hahaha!! You're killing me mate!

But no, it's not the glass breaking sound I hear. In my 2 computers the game is trying to play a creaking sound, the sound starts, and in 2-3 seconds the sound starts again, and again and again...

It seems that I'm the only one experiencing this, so, I deleted the 4 creaking sounds and finally got piece of mind.

The maximum depth I'm diving is about 20 feet higher than the depth glasses start to break. But dear God! 430ft in the Gar...
Good thing you're still alive to tell the story!
PS.

[Spam mode on]
Edgar Allan Poe is one of my beloved writers. Second only to H.P.Lovecraft.
[Spam mode off]
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote