View Single Post
Old 03-24-12, 07:32 AM   #20
jumpy
Admiral

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Good post and one I echo in the main but with one caveat...binge drinking in towns and city centres is in the main carried out by teens and young people yet the number of unemployed young people is at an unprecedented level.
Was thinking about this. I seems reasonable to me that those young people are simply doing what their folks used to do, but with their own spin to it, driven mainly by the price of booze in pubs... £3 a pint, fo reeeal?
In their turn, these young people have their own dead end backwater existence; in lieu of soul destroying labour, they have seemingly less employment and secure prospects than their parents ever had, all the while seeing the 'elite' of our economic society telling them what they need and ought to have without means to attain. What better way to stave off the demons of uncertainty and penury than by getting loaded?

Perhaps the demographic changes a little, but it's still a social and economic issue.

F e c k less youth? Only because we've made them so. (stupid filter)

when you’ve been so long in the desert, any water, no matter how brackish, looks like life