View Single Post
Old 09-28-18, 01:55 PM   #3628
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Yes, they all tried-out for the circus! But all were rejected when they mentioned their C.O...

Leap year has nothing to do with the Ubisoft Silent Hunter games. They do not exist in SH4. However, the game ~does~ have February 29th - every year. The same with April 31st and June 31st - every year! Let's not forget the wonderful dates of September 31st and October 31st! The stock game and lots of mods are rife with those date mistakes. Look at all of the dates in the game, and you'll see what I mean. Then, if you look at the fact that one file refers to 19411201, the next has it 1942-12-01, the next has 12-01-1941... throw in an IDL near the 180 longitude, not forgetting that the original SH4 had it messed up, and it's no wonder it's very easy for something to just up and disappear for a day or two - including your Home Port...
i have never noticed April, June, September, November 31. nor have i seen February 29.
i have definitely noticed that there is absolutely no standardization of date references. from a systems development POV, this is crap development by hack developers who are doing this work in their spare time...not professional developers. the development team needs to go back to school and the development/systems manager needs to be replaced with a real manager.

ok. rant over.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote