Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 02-13-18, 09:24 AM   #5762
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Wow propbeanie, a guy can't even use a "test" mission without shooting yourself in the foot! No fault of your own, just the random behavior of the game. That's cool!

As he mentioned, s7rikeback and I have been "neck deep" in going over files that FOTRS has as duplicates...either in their "naming" scheme, or in duplicate ID's. Either way, these kinds of issues need to be corrected so the game doesn't become confused in which object to use, with whatever its trying to render. A task that's not for the faint of heart since you have to make sure your "correction" works with all other parts of the game that may use the same object.

On a lighter note (if this really is one), I've been working over the American PT Boat. My interest in it has come about due to the additions of AI Torpedoes and placing them on the boat. Unlike the other ship units (there's now over 75) that I've got the AI Torpedoes on, the PT Boat requires a special "setup" due to the lower quantity of torpedoes. I'm also trying to have them be more accurate in hitting their mark, since their lack of shear numbers will decrease their hit percentages.

What??........ You just want "eye candy" from the PT Boat?!? No way!

So, I'm still working on them, trying different things.

A couple of things that's been added to Ultimate's PT Boat has been their Machine Gun "Tub" (I call it) with a 50 cal single and twin. A better looking search light too. Here's an image of an original:

Here's what I've got:

Not quite the same, but close enough!

With permission from AOTD/MadMax, we've got his German Schnellboat being used....with our AI Torpedoes:

So we're coming along on our next version of Ultimate.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote