Old 03-08-07, 07:33 PM   #53
ichneumon
Sailor man

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeHeart
Thanks for putting this together.

May I ask if there is likely to be the equivalent for the subs? When I first installed GWX I remember that if one uses SH3Cmdr then was not to install the skins add-on at that time.

Cheers.
We have discussed creating a similar skin pack for sub skins but I am not sure how much interest there is in this. I know I prefer to choose which skin I use rather than have one assigned to me. However, if it looks like there is a lot of interest in this idea and I can convince Fubar to help me again, something like this is very possible. How do the rest of you feel about having historically accurate changes in sub skins through time?

You were instructed not to use the old skin pack because some of the ship names changed in GWX. This meant the old skin pack had the wrong folder and file names for some of the skins which would create problems. That is also why this new skin pack will only work with GWX. It would be possible for someone to port most of this new skin pack to stock SHIII or one of the other supermods or even your own custom mod simply by renaming folders and files to make it compatible. However, most of the capital ships are not multiskinned so you would have to replace the ship *.dat files or extract the skins from the dats and import them into your dats.