View Single Post
Old 10-31-18, 02:54 PM   #12
harag
A-ganger

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 0

I have to agree with most of this. Deep Water are doing a great job, making changes, giving us builds as quick possible and fixing a lot of bugs, most of all, listening to the testers!

I personally wish I had more time to play, but can only play at the weekends at the moment, but read the forums daily, the difference the game is from one weekend to the next is amazing.

The side view at the moment is needed to quickly give orders etc, but I think that is because we're still getting use to it and testing it. Once we can disable that feature for realism and have the periscope enabled etc. then playing in 1st person is 100% viable. However, one thing in this mode that might be immersion breaking is the moving from one body to another to control them. That might just feel weird. You will soon learn where all the ship controls are and run to them when needed.

The immersion breaker is when your an office on the deck checking the horizon, spot a plane, then jump into the body of the office in the control room to flood the tanks to dive. But then that is like shouting down the order "ALARM! DIVE" and that order is then carried out by you switching bodies.

Anyway, great game, come on well, and I think it will be up there with the list of classics!
harag is offline   Reply With Quote