View Single Post
Old 11-19-16, 07:25 PM   #2688
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
About the only thing I can see coming that way that's a "friendly" would be an Australian KSQ vessel, aka: Coastal Merchant, aka: Coastal Composite Freighter, dependent upon which piece of documentation you're looking at... I do not immediately see anything wrong with the single vessel RGG, or the file it's in, which is the 42a_Others_Merchants.mis, which runs from March 1st, 1942 through August 31st, 1942. That particular group has a 70% chance to spawn every 144 hours, with the single vesssel spawning at a 100% rate... for what all that's worth... It's route is from Northern Australia (Rockhampton??) to Midway, via a glancing blow to the Marshalls. Running the file by itself in my game, with my boat, and I see no issue. That's not to say that there isn't a problem with it on your computer. I'll keep looking into the graphics stuff. Can you tell us about your computer and video card, and what resolution you're running it all at?

Now, all that said, on my boat, half the crew is incompetent most of the time when leaving Midway early war on a Porpoise boat. Almost like a McHale's Navy Tim Conway in every seat... First they see things, then they don't. We pick up a sonar contact, then it's gone. Time-wise on the sonar contact, they would have had to have been out over 100k for as long as it take to close with them coming AT me... Radar? what's that? It turns on and off when it wants to. Airplanes? My word... I don't know how many times I've been down looking at the chart, planning an attack or a route, and mind you, there's at least four people up above... and the first indication I get of an airplane in the area is when the bomb goes off on the bridge, and I hear "We're under attack!" and "We're taking damage, SIR!!!" no kidding... we're sinking too! Very erratic crew behavior from there.

The grafting of another set of sensor configuration files into the mod has helped immeasurably in that department. I'm out now with a boat from Midway, start of a new career, going toward the Marshalls for our assignment, and these guys are much improved in their reporting, and following of contacts.
Small world PB, I'm now stationed around the Marshalls, my first tour since I joined the FOTRSU flotilla. last few months I lived in the museum of SH4.

It's nice to see open waters, ships, sky, harbors - the real world, not folders and text....

I'm alive... Again...