View Single Post
Old 07-27-18, 08:43 AM   #11
Aoogahman
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Thanks for rolling out the welcome mat, or should it be a plank (?), for me.

Now, as I sit here spraying salt water mist in my face, humming sea shanties, and drinking grog with the room rigged for red, I'm forced to contemplate my next mission. Should I stay in 1941 or move on up to 43-44 where I can get one of them cool, new, Gato-class boats? Hmmm.

The highlight of my last (and first) mission occurred after I got into Osaka harbor, after I got the photos, after I got out of Osaka, and after I made multiple crash dives to avoid aircraft as I crossed the Pacific on my way back to Pearl. At this point I was smiling all the way.

Suddenly, as I was roaring along in high-compression mode, another aircraft popped up and I frantically dove as before. But this time I hit the "D" key, which should be labeled "D for Don't" because instantly, as fast as all those dastardly little bytes could arrange it, we spun out and dove into the seabed - Game over...Sorry, you lose.....Thanks for trying. It actually took me a while to figure this out. That was after I got done blaming the developers for this weird glitch in the program. Then it occurred to me that the "P" and "C" commands both have set depth limits, but the "D" command doesn't. Well "D" for Duh!

So, regarding the part about "designed to allow a new skipper to succeed after mastering the basics" I now unquestionably, totally, and 100 percent redundantly agree. Thanks for the clue!

PS, if there's such a thing in a forum, the crash and burn didn't save, so I was able to reload and go back and finish that first mission. Can I do that?

The next mission that came up for me was another photo recon. No way Jose. I'm moving up to 43-44 and a Gato. At least I'll have the normal 6-4 tube arrangement to work with - and I'm removing the "D" key from the keyboard.
Aoogahman is offline   Reply With Quote