View Single Post
Old 11-07-07, 07:36 PM   #8
Dr.Sid
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Hm .. if you are really going to recheck these formulas, please wait a bit .. maybe the problem is in the matrix solution. I've tried some online matrix solvers and they give quite different results (while not correct too).

Edit: Oh yes ! My matrix solver is wrong and the online solvers are correct and the matrix IS correct. So I only fix the solver, that should be much easier.

So I don't need any more help I hope. I only need some little time till I release that utility of mine so you could get a grasp what it can do. Of course I offer this to your tool if it could is it somehow, I guess it could. For example in DW you have TMA screen where you see the LOBs in absolute coordinates. Each LOB starts at different point, as your sub moves. You would have to know the times of the LOBs. Now you would have to rely on AUTO sonar crew which marks each 2 minutes. Then you would have to transfer the LOBs into the other tool .. then input your speed (to get the scale of the 'map'). And then you would have the solution.

This methos should also cover special cases like more listeners (sonobuoys or hull and towed array), LOBs can start at very different places and times, this just finds the best line to match them.

Last edited by Dr.Sid; 11-07-07 at 07:49 PM.