View Single Post
Old 09-30-07, 05:59 AM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock
If you like multiplayer tank stuff, just a heads up: Both myself and a friend have never been able to get T-72 Balkans on fire to run online at anything other than a computer-crashing slide show frame rate, and I mean literally ONE frame a minute type of thing! We tried patching, not patching, I/P, Hamachi virtual LANs, everything, and it just would not play ball.If you like WW2 stuff and are not too bothered about slightly dated graphics, Panzer Elite is good fun too by way, reasonably realistic in fact - gunnery requires a fair bit of skill for example, and there is infantry support and stuff like that. There are lots of add-ons and extra campaigns available for it too, so it allows you to fight in pretty much any WW2 theatre of ops you like, besides which, you can probably pick it up for tuppence these days. Certainly worth a look if you like tanks.

Chock
I must oppose Chock's avise here. If you want a WWII sim, wait a bit, a new WWII sim is in the making. check the threads, some of them incolude pictures of this sim. I know Panzer Elite, btw, but i would not say that it is competitive anymore. Also, the heavy movement makes me sea-sick.