View Single Post
Old 09-29-07, 08:21 PM   #4
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

If you like multiplayer tank stuff, just a heads up: Both myself and a friend have never been able to get T-72 Balkans on fire to run online at anything other than a computer-crashing slide show frame rate, and I mean literally ONE frame a minute type of thing! We tried patching, not patching, I/P, Hamachi virtual LANs, everything, and it just would not play ball.

Single player-wise, T-72 is an okay blast if you like tanks, but it could only just be called a simulation, the tanks do not bear a very close resemblance to their real life counterparts in terms of resilience, interiors, and ammunition capabilities etc, externally they do look pretty good however. The graphics are very nice and the sound is pretty good too, plus you can play as a driver, gunner or a commander (or all three if you want a headache), and it does let you play around with battlefield positioning and stuff like that, and it does offer an unusual theatre to fight in. In short, if you can get it for not much cash, it's worth a go, but don't expect 'rivet-counting' reality from it. If you want a really realistic tank 'simulation' however, SBP is the way to go.

If you like WW2 stuff and are not too bothered about slightly dated graphics, Panzer Elite is good fun too by way, reasonably realistic in fact - gunnery requires a fair bit of skill for example, and there is infantry support and stuff like that. There are lots of add-ons and extra campaigns available for it too, so it allows you to fight in pretty much any WW2 theatre of ops you like, besides which, you can probably pick it up for tuppence these days. Certainly worth a look if you like tanks.

Chock