View Single Post
Old 04-08-07, 10:05 AM   #761
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Dear Mr. Luftwolf!

I have just played one test mission which I created in DW Editor and I am deeply worried whether you correctly designed UGST sensor parameters in your LWAMI mod! I was trying to intercept crappy Foxtrot as an Akula skipper and all my three UGSTs couldn't hit target. First I had thought Foxtrot's sonar bearings were too bad but later I saw Replay Mission in the "Show True" mode and I was shocked! Your UGSTs were eight times easily outsmarted by active decoys deployed by Foxtrot at very close distances! I don't know if you have correct data about UGST but this Russian torpedo has multidirectional and multichannel sonar array controlled by digital processor unit linked with its own sonar contacts database. So it is unthinkable to me that UGST could mistake such noisy piece of junk as fifty years old Foxtrot with its equally crappy active decoy at less than one nautical mile range!

Try to upgrade UGST torpedo up to the Mk.48 ADCAP standards! In the meantime I must go back to the stock DW game to be able to effectively hunting Foxtrots with maybe fantastic but realiable 65 cm torpedoes!

Last edited by Gorshkov; 04-08-07 at 10:19 AM.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote