Old 07-06-18, 04:00 AM   #8
nihilcat
UBOOT Dev

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hello Nihilcat,

each time it looks better and better (for sure it seems the best water enviro i have seen so far).

I read at your last update that celestial objects are in correct place now.
Does this mean that celestial navigation will be possible for players ?

Also, can you tell something for the AI manouvers in case of detection ? will it be a random list of possible manouvers or it will be one standar behaviour all the time?

What about the hydrophone, sonar and radar devices? are they detailed modeled so player can use them in an effective way ?

Also, how 'deep' have you modeled the TDC ? will there be any more (than the ones you showed at a previous update) at the manual targeting system such as torpedo run time,spread ,impact angle...etc ?

Lastly, will the game be modable and in what level ?
Hi makman94,

Thank you.

Although you should technically be able to tell your position using the environment, there are currently no tools supporting you in that. Also it's not very practical considering how our travel system works at this time, but IMO we will probably add alternative, conventional time compression during beta... so who knows.

As a rule, I decided to not comment on AI behaviours to not spoil the inner workings and make them look natural. I hope that NPC ships behaviour will be satisfying - if not let us know during beta, if you will have the time to participate.

At this time only hydrophone is manually useable by the player, but we already have a full research done on sonars and radars on u-boats. It's probably a matter of time when we add manual stations for them too, but this may happen even post-release. It's not our top priority at this time as we already have enough bugs to deal with.

Regarding TDC - yes, all these parameters can be set by the player. All data may be supplied by the player and nothing is hidden.

Modding - yes, we are designing the game with modding in mind. You should be able to do everything we can with C# scripts, config files and Unity's asset bundles, but keep in mind that SDK may not be instantly available as we are obviously behind the schedule anyway

PS please post questions in separate topics. I would move the post for you, but I still haven't figured out how to do that.
nihilcat is offline   Reply With Quote