View Single Post
Old 06-27-12, 11:40 AM   #12
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

rather then suggest what you should buy i will recommend what you should get, then let the best deals on components lead you to the system that fits your needs and budget best.

- CPU
get a 4 or 6 core CPU and forget about dual cores, the way new games are being made they NEED to have a good CPU.

- Ram
get 8-12GB ram because the way new games are being made they NEED to have that much.

- HDD
any sata III hard drive with a large cache size will do

- Video Card
get a good quality video card with a MINIMUM of 1GB or more "onboard" ram, i look at the best and buy the 2nd or 3rd level down from there since it saves you a lot of money and last years new card still performs great for you. in other words if the best card out there is a Nvidia 500 or ATI 5000 then shop for a 400 or 4000 version

- Computer Case
just get something with a lot of mesh grill venting and not one with a lot of fans. fans = more noise where mesh grill venting = less fans needed for cooling and a quieter system. make sure whatever you get uses 120mm fans front and back since larger fans always equals more air and less noise. for all the reasons mentioned i like coolermaster cases myself.

ps - dont get those cases with the huge 250mm fan on the side cover, it hits most large grafics cards and takes up way too much room inside the case so you have trouble routing wires and if you have pCI cards they will hit the fan blades

- PSU
get a good high quality PSU something in the 650-750 watt range and dont skimkp on quality here, a cheap PSU can fry your whole system when it fails so dont try to save money on this component. i like the Corsair brand and can say they are high quality and reliable. this is the one i have: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139021

Last edited by Webster; 07-01-12 at 09:14 AM.