View Single Post
Old 12-17-11, 01:00 PM   #7
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason210 View Post
I've heard others say this but I have also heard people say that even modded, SHV does not offer you a simulation in the same sense modded SHIII does.

However I am in a similar position to you. I've just bought SHV because I thought it was time to try it, now that the constant online requirement has been removed.

However, modding SHV is hard. I visited the downloads area of Subsim to see what there is but it seems out of date. For example, The Dark Wraith's UI mod is from last year - and I know there are later vrsions than those because seen references to them in the forum. So now I'm wondering where I should find all these mods? For a newcomer to SHV it's difficult to know what and where all the latest mods are, and it's also difficult to know which mods to combine.
Modded SH3 doesn't even come close to the simulation that modded SH5 has. Show me where you can do real navigation in SH3? Show me a real in-game journal that you can write your own notes/logs into in SH3? Show me the ability to automate daily tasks/searches/etc. in SH3 (what I call Automation in SH5)? Show me where you have the ability to write custom scripts that can do whatever you want in SH3? Show me where you can have in-game tutorials that can highlight objects, show pictures, and interact with the player in SH3? Show me where you can completely change the AI behavior via scripting in SH3? I can go on and on. Point is SH3 was good in it's day - now it's a dinosaur compared to SH5. Seeing that you just bought it I don't see how you can make that kind of statement. It will take you months to figure out what SH5 has to offer/brings to the table (and depending on what mods you install it could take you many months more).

The downloads section is not the most up-to-date place for SH5 mods. To find the most up-to-date mods look in the SH5 mods forum.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote