Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-23-18, 10:28 AM   #6504
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0
Default Worrisome New Issue

Completed a successful patrol in Balao to Area F6, having left Perth-Fremantle on 4/27/44 and accumulating some 65,000 tons of shipping.

After passing out promotions and awards, and adding the newly available twin 40mm AA guns plus a new stern mounted 5.25" deck gun, I took a routine Save as I always do, and then loaded the Save game. I do that because it allows me to be secure in the knowledge that my last save before starting a new patrol was a good save. It's never given me a problem. I consider it insurance.

I received orders for next patrol on June 13, 1944 to proceed to Area F1 and then standby for further orders. Departure date was 7/3/1944.

Hit the Start (from outside the harbor) button, only to see the game crash to a black screen after the loading bar moves about 3/4" from the left!

Went back to the office and restored the single barrel 40 mm AA guns, and the 4.5" deck gun, and restarted the mission.

Game crashed to desktop after loading bar moves about 3/4" from the left.

It appears I am unable to run this mission. Has anyone else gone beyond this date from a 12/8/31 career start?

I was able to go back to the previous patrol (assigned to Area F1) and load it successfully. But not the next one! I'm at a dead stop now.

My system was as clean as I can get it. After rechecking LAA, running the Game Booster, setting the Norton to run in Silent Mode (as I always do), I even went through the list of processes and closed out the Punkbusters that autoload, and disconnected my pc from the network. Same results upon trying to run the next patrol. It's not my machine. When I tried the reload of the previous patrol, I had Everything running (internet, punkbusters, Norton, etc.). The game and the mission loaded perfectly.

Can anyone replicate this? I know it's hard to do because each player's career history will be different, and who knows what will affect the next patrol. But it may be there is some conflict in the files that would case an abort.

I think it's worth looking into, but beyond my skill sets.

Thanks!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote