View Single Post
Old 07-17-17, 12:18 PM   #241
MLF
Weps

Downloads: 137
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

I thought shadows didn't work in SHIII, and the model I sent you has no shadow models/controllers. Where are shadows coming from lol
I don't think I meant shadows, but more light and shade.

Quote:
.Okay, I don't know if they can make reflections more obvious, but there are some properties in the water reflection controller that we can play with. I see your lighthouse has some nice reflections, how did you se them?
I added water reflection to all nodes with the following settings:-

ClipHeight = 0
Reflection = 1
Refraction = 1
FrustumTest = False (What IS that???)
MaxVisDistance = 0.0
MinVisDim = 0.02
MaxVisDim = 0.2

Basically I think they were the settings Kendras used on his lighthouse at the beginning of the thread so I used them as they worked.

Quote:
Nice! What lighthouse is that?
It's actually a 3DsMax model at the following link:-
https://free3d.com/3d-model/light-ho...ble-96732.html

Not sure what light house it is, but it looked so decrepit I thought it would be a good one to start with. It still needs work, especially with scaling. really need to get my head around Blender as my 3Ds Student license has expired. I've attached another screenshot with La Plate in the distance (same positions as La Veille and La Plate) and it's obvious the scale is out. Any observations and suggestions would be appreciated. Also the texture, although I tried to include OA seems a bit flat - all trial and error.

Quote:
I know a tower raising directly from the waves is a bit weird, if this is what you mean, but that's exactly how the Petite Vielle looks like. Other lighthouse will be more conventional

You are right, of course. Also the smooth sea in my screenshots doesn't help.

regards,
MLF
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Decrepit Lighthouse.jpg (70.6 KB, 10 views)