Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 03-21-17, 02:15 PM   #4318
DicheBach
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

So what is the story with base changes?

I have an ongoing career which started in a Sargo in Cavite. Base switched to Surbaya as I knew it would and, as usual, I noticed those messages in the radio log.

Then base switched to Fremantle: same, I noticed.

Then I was on a long patrol maybe two months, and didn't get back to Fremantle until a couple days after the end of Battle of Coral Sea (actually it might have even been after Battle of Midway . . . but in any event I didn't arrive at Brisbane until after Battle of Midway . . .).

I was surprised when I arrived at Fremantle and realized I couldn't "End Patrol" and had to truck over to Brisbane. Course it was no real problem, but I couldn't find any mention in the radio log about a base switch.

Just would like to understand what this is all about, and if I might face additional base switches in the future?