View Single Post
Old 08-28-16, 02:35 AM   #29
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophist View Post
Looks amazing! Can't wait to see what it becomes.

Serious question though: Do you worry about real sea-sickness in players with VR gear? Interesting new level of immersion, this VR stuff.
They tell me that motion sickness is a concern with VR games where you "walk" or "run". The VR I have seen is structured so that you "teleport" from place to place in the game; you point a light beam at the spot in the game where you want to go and click the controller, and you are there. That avoids the motion in the game that induces motion sickness. They tell me.

In our demo, the sea state is pretty mild, but there are waves higher than head-level and the boat does rock some. I did not get seasick, but I was affected by the movement and could not stop myself from trying to sway and keep my balance, even though my actual feet were on a stable studio floor. It's a crazy thing, truly. Honestly, I really want to build a VR version where the U-boat is in a true storm....I think I would risk the sea sickness to try that.

I wonder if VR players will adapt to motion sickness the way real sailors learn to adapt to real sea sickness... wouldn't that be interesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingenj View Post
Went to check out my countrys only preserved WW2 U-boat today (german made). Kept thinking about you guys and the possibility to get to play a game with all these levers and turn-wheels.

SO HYPED
Nice! Which sub is that? Vesikko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
I am confused, is this game going to be a regular PC game, or is it going to be vr. if it's going to be VR, then i guess it's time for me to save up some money
Wolfpack will be a regular PC game. If the support for the game is sufficient, the devs are very interested in developing a VR version of the game. Their proof of concept demonstrates the current game engine will work in VR; to make a VR version would require additional development to make the game work in a VR environment. TL: DR - regular game + VR if sales are good.