View Single Post
Old 07-07-08, 10:03 AM   #192
rugby5
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
I use multiSH3.....put it into the program folder of each of your installs, double click on each icon and it will ask you for a 3 digit name eg:

installation 1...SH3
installation 2...GWX
installation 3...WAC

The 3 digit will be used to name a new separate folder in C\MyDocs where all your saved game information will be stored.

Similarly for SH3Commander....use a separate installation for each version of the game.....just point each install to the respective game installation.

The alternative method is set out below.

SH3 Commander & Multiple Installs

It is recommended to have a separate install of Commander for each different install of SH3.
1)Install SH3Commander and rename the program folder to suit.
2)Rename each SH3Cmdr shortcut as required.
3)You will need to use the l: switch to point SH3Cmdr to the right installation.

Here's an example of the l: switch for dual installs, just tailor it to fit.....

Right click on the SH3Cmdr shortcut & choose properties.

Target
"C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander-GWX\SH3Cmdr.exe" /l:"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent HunterIII-GWX"

Start in
"C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander-GWX"
Thanks for the help with this. I was wondering....how do you "point" SH3Cmdr to the right installation? I currently have three installations, SH3 (vanilla), WAC, GWX. I've installed MultiSH3 in the GWX and WAC installs and it works fine, its created the proper folders. Again, I've tried the "l" switch to attempt to get SH3 Cmdr to find the right folders and I get the error message. If there's another way of doing it without the l switch I could try that. Secondly, how do you make multiple installs of SH3 Cmdr? I think if I could cross that hurdle I could figure it out....again, thanks for the help.