View Single Post
Old 10-02-06, 11:41 PM   #53
Der Teddy Bar
Blade Master

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltrap
Teddy, as a matter of interest which do you prefer? I've found I need to rotate the crew in the watch and engine spaces every 4 hours to prevent excessive fatigue. This is realistic but a pain in the glutius maximus! I know there can't be a 'roster' system developed due to code constraints - which would have made the best mix of realism and playability - so I'm curious as to which YOU prefer.

Incidentally, I max my TC at 256x as I gather, from reading the documentation (which, by the way, is excellent), that higher levels can do odd things to air attacks (is that right, or am I slowing things needlessly?).

Appreciate your feedback. BTW, NYGM 2.2 is brilliant!

Cheers
Steeltrap,
I use an 12+ hour shift rotation and have no real issues unless I get a very long stint of 10+ mps winds so I am surprised to hear about your 'forced' 4 hour roster and I feel that you may not be using the NYGM Crew Management modlet of TW 2.2.

This can happen via Sh3 Cmdr.

If using SH3 Cmdr roll back the app and then copy the NYGM TW 2.2 basic.cfg file back.

My maximum compression is set to 128x so that I get the best experience with regards to aircraft encounters. At 128x you are more likely to encounter them.

While I do not like having to change the men I do like what it brings to the game and that I do not have a BORG machine.

I need to consider potential engagements and as such I might need to 'rest' the crew once in a while. Something that would happen in real life with the daily trim dives.

Thanks for the feedback and welcome aboard!