Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post
The "official" download page is here: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

From today, both

DB-image packs update: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=1994

And new game update, released today: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=1996
Downloading!

Quote:
It's a passive ESM sensor actually. Subs use those very regularly when at periscope depth.
I'm sorry, I thought it was active... see my point? I couldn't know what kind of sensor it was despite looking at the database... And I know ESM pretty well from SC and DW!!

Quote:
This is a double-edged sword. Consider the two following message log samples, reporting on the same events:

New contact! Designated VAMPIRE #5 - Detected by USS North Carolina [Sensors: AN/BLQ-10(V)1] at 255deg - Estimated 139NM
New contact! Designated VAMPIRE #6 - Detected by USS North Carolina [Sensors: AN/BLQ-10(V)1] at 255deg - Estimated 139NM
New contact! Designated VAMPIRE #7 - Detected by USS North Carolina [Sensors: AN/BLQ-10(V)1] at 255deg - Estimated 139NM
New contact! Designated VAMPIRE #8 - Detected by USS North Carolina [Sensors: AN/BLQ-10(V)1] at 255deg - Estimated 139NM
New contact! Designated VAMPIRE #9 - Detected by USS North Carolina [Sensors: AN/BLQ-10(V)1] at 255deg - Estimated 139NM
New contact! Designated VAMPIRE #10 - Detected by USS North Carolina [Sensors: AN/BLQ-10(V)1] at 255deg - Estimated 139NM

And:

USS North Carolina - New RADAR contact! Designated VAMPIRE #5 - at 255deg - Estimated 139NM
USS North Carolina - New RADAR contact! Designated VAMPIRE #6 - at 255deg - Estimated 139NM
USS North Carolina - New RADAR contact! Designated VAMPIRE #7 - at 255deg - Estimated 139NM
USS North Carolina - New RADAR contact! Designated VAMPIRE #8 - at 255deg - Estimated 139NM
USS North Carolina - New RADAR contact! Designated VAMPIRE #9 - at 255deg - Estimated 139NM
USS North Carolina - New RADAR contact! Designated VAMPIRE #10 - at 255deg - Estimated 139NM

Which of the two notifies you most immediately that you are under a missile attack?
I see your point. By the way, if you want immediate awareness, the message would better be:
VAMPIRE INBOUND! Designated VAMPIRE #5 - Detected by...
My point wasn't exactly that, but simplify the sensor detecting the threat.
What I'm thinking about is more about "game-flow". If I have to pause often to check the database and spend some time reading and "deciphering" what some things mean, or which sensor is... If, on the contrary, the messages log is clear and simple enough, or the database has a "simple" description area, the battle would run smoother.

Quote:
Interesting. The external log window was added primarily for use by players who have the extra desktop real estate to make use of it, particularly those with multiple monitors (one may argue that printing the log directly on the map is more efficient if space is limited). Let us look what we can do about that. Thanks!
I thought that: I would love to have a second monitor...
I will give a second chance to the "in screen" log, but my first thought was it was hard to read.

Quote:
That was deliberate . We wanted that date to suit each user's selected locale in order to make it more personal. Most guys like it. Maybe add as option?
I personally hate that. I have my smartphone in English only because I hate having some parts in Spanish and then some non translated (or worst: bad translated) apps in English...

Continuing with my experience with the game, I've been playing this morning the 3rd tutorial and loved it. I think it only lacks a 4th one about more complex battle set, kind of "advanced tutorial".

Again, I miss a lot of sounds. I think you mentioned first some can be added by anyone? Can you point me where could I find the way to do it? I'm mostly interested on a sound when a new contact is made and when I'm being attacked (I already make the game pause when that happens).

I'm loving the game, though, I really do. Still hurts having paid so much, but almost worth it.

Thanks again!

PS: Working on Sunday?? Give yourself a break!