View Single Post
Old 06-04-07, 08:48 AM   #1435
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ula Jolly

I found this little gem a few minutes ago. It holds some very interesting footage, but what I am posting here for is the fact that the narrator said four hour watch for the men on the sail (in stormy conditions). I haven't yet made any kinds of calculations for fatigue in GWX 1.03, I just thought you might be interested.
Yep, which is why in GWX the watch crew on the bridge fatigues much more rapidly in a storm.

Read page 31-32 of the GWX manual for further details.

That being said... fatigue rates in GWX do not account for Bernard untying your hammock.

Tiny bit from page 31 of the GWX manual:

"The length of an historical U-boat crewmember’s watch ranged from four to eight hours depending on the duty watch position:

• The typical watch cycle for the bridge officer and lookouts was usually four hours on the bridge as lookouts; four hours performing maintenance and other duties; eight hours of Commander’s Time, and eight hours off duty.
• Radio operators, sound gear operators, torpedo room crews, helmsmen, and officers generally had eight hours on duty, eight hours of Commander’s Time, and eight hours off duty.
• The engine room crew had six hours on duty and six hours off duty, which resulted in more on-duty hours in a high-stress environment in return for serving no duty as exposed bridge lookouts
14"

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote