View Single Post
Old 07-17-17, 08:56 PM   #9
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by S09 View Post
I'm well aware that you've probably done a lot of work on these, but the Oberon Class fin is all wrong. There were no windows in the fin and certainly no appendage at the back of the fin either. Looks more like a Foxtrot. There are no fwd foreplanes showing either. Similarly the Upholder class looks like a Kilo, again there were no windows in the fin.

Dreadnought, Valiant and Churchill class, the bows are way too pointed. The real thing had much rounder bows. The fin is also way too tall and too long horizontally. You are close with the S & T boats, except that the T boats had a much larger rudder.

The Astute class is totally wrong. It look like an Alfa.

If you want to know how I know this - its because I served on Warspite, Splendid, Sovereign and 'O' Boats. I also went onboard all the Trafalgar class boats too.
You're quite right in all this, however at this point we cannot add 3d models to the game. What you are seeing is in-game models with different textures, different screws and often relocated dive-planes. The Soviet Foxtrot is standing in for the Oberon class and as you guessed a Kilo being used as an Upholder. Churchill and Dreadnought classes are based on the Skipjack model.