View Single Post
Old 07-24-17, 02:05 PM   #81
zero2005
Sailor man

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

Just like to post again here. for me, the wrapper is a very imperfect solution. it works, but is very unstable for me and my system. occasionally i'd be able to get some of the lighter missions to run for about an hour. usually I end up having issues in less than 15-20 minutes.

my best solution so far has been to run VMWare (free version) loaded with a free copy of WinXP SP3. this works fantastic, although the FPS aren't exactly stellar and i've had to turn the graphics down, it runs pretty much like it would on a machine from 2004. I'm getting a solid 20-30 frames.

now, if we could get a wrapper that functions similar to however VMWare is doing it, I think we'd be golden. but that's probably a pipedream.

the only issue i've run into is if I accidentally resize the VMware window (wish there was a way to lock it, i'm not that familiar with it) it crashes the game. you can even run the game windowed, however its still limited by the 16-bit color depth, which makes it IMO pointless, besides the fact that you can just run the game "fullscreen" in the VM, which can be a window by itself, so its not like you absolutely need windowed mode, as the VM is functioning as such.

if anyone is interested in this and doesn't know how to get started, I can provide help.
zero2005 is offline   Reply With Quote