View Single Post
Old 09-16-18, 08:46 AM   #5
tAKticool47
Bosun

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

On the one hand, it's amazing. Cannot say that enough. And obviously the work that is put into it must be vast.... I cannot say I'd be smart enough to do all the stuff (frequencies and Hertzes and sonar profiles and layer depths and missiles and all that stuff) even IF I knew how to program stuff, which I do not. So it's amazing.

On the other hand, it's becoming borderline unplayable to me. The "Russian Bias" has become so prevalent and patently ridiculous, it's nearly lost any fun. It was funny at first but not so much anymore.

I have tested stuff at LENGTH, truth on, to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong etc.

The Yasen is an invisible, unsinkable, missile-laying machine of death. Torpedoes literally do an immediate 180 when they're about to hit it, I spent 5 minutes enabling/pre-enabling/enabling torpedoes and they just literally won't hit a Yasen. Like it's repelling a magnet or something. And they spew missiles like a chicken lays eggs.

Oscar IIs lol... same deal. Just chills all game, doing nothing. Fire a torpedo at it, right before the torpedo gets close to it, suddenly it lays it's 24 eggs of death!

And I have built Carrier Strike Groups with a Nimitz-class surrounded by ALL THREE versions of the Arleigh Burke-class (FLT I, FLT II, FLT IIA), PLUS a Ticonderoga VLS, *PLUS* a UK Type 45 Air Defense Destroyer, **PLUS** A FREMM.

Every. Single. Russian. Ship. Beats. Them.

From old school ships like Karas, Slavas, and Sovremennys & Udaloys to the new Frigates & Corvettes, every missile the Russians shoots go through Aegis ships like cutting a paper bag, whereas the Russian SAMs shoot down TASMs & Harpoons & SM2s easily. I thought the older Soviet big bad ships like Slava, Kirov, Kuznetsov, Sovremenny's etc. were hard to deal with. Then I tried adding the new Russian frigates & corvettes, they're like indestructible. They have amazing anti-torpedo torpedoes that shoot down any torpedo that gets near it, and their SAM systems are like inpenetrable.

Kilos/Kilo Imps are nearly undetectable, but they can detect me and hit me with a Shkval easily. The specs say a Shkval has like a 3-6 mile range. Obviously the ones the Russian AIs use have a much longer range, they shoot those beeatches like 10-15 miles.

And don't even bother using a LA-FLT III anymore. Anything from a Sierra or Victor-class kills it.

Meanwhile, using a Seawolf and/or Virginia, the two best submarines ever made in the world (The Seawolf being bigger, faster, holding more weapons, more of an imposing warrior/brawler, the Virginia being more quieter, perhaps better sonar, and maybe more of a sneaky assassin) are just ho-hum against any Russian platform. The Virginia-class several ships in the game, including Block III boats. By rights and facts, the Block III Virginia-class are the most advanced waterborne combat platforms on the planet. If the game is supposed to be a simulation, it's not unfair to make them the best if they are in fact the best...

The aircraft is the same. The F-22 Raptor is *useless* --- instant death. Put them in the game in just about any scenario, they'll get killed immediately.
Not like it's considered the best air-to-air combat aircraft on the planet or anything. Useless. Whereas, the SU-34s are pretty much able to defeat any aircraft OR ship in the game, and the SU-57 lmfao. Don't even bother to try describing them. "Invincible" lol.

I mean there are just so many times I can watch Strobiles flying at 105000 feet at 2200 MPH from across the map, then come darting down and destroying Aegis-protected strike groups.

And so that brings another great point -- if the Russians are getting all the latest weaponry and technology in the game, why is the US , you know ,the dominant power in the entire world, not also getting comparable stuff? Where's the SM-3s and SM-6s? SM-2 Block IV and SeaRAM etc. Aegis Baseline 9 and all that stuff. RAM & ESSM are in the game, but not very effective. Whereas, in real life, they're some of the best anti-air missiles on the planet, for short and medium range, respectively. According to Wikipedia, there is one Yasen-class submarine currently, and 10 prototypes of the SU-57. Yet there are a fleet of Yasens available in the game and the SU-57 is the dominating air platform. Yet the F-22, in active service for a decade+ , sucks, and the F-35, currently deployed in all three variants in all 3 services, not even in the game.

-- and let me be clear, I get it. "If you want to make a Pro-US version, do it yourself" ...obviously I have no idea how to do that, and I should just shut up and play, which I will do. However, still... I realize Russia is a major military power. But they don't have the best of everything in every category in every way and exist in a state of invincibility and superiority of all firepower across the planet.
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote