View Single Post
Old 07-17-18, 09:37 AM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
Air attacks; when they come, I'm warned by crew or the radar detector.
I've got the time compression, through SH3 Commander, set at 0 (pause) when planes are detected.
When detection occurs, I unpause and immediately crash dive.
So far, so good; and then comes the transition from diesel to electric engines.
Once the diesels shut down, it takes an agonizingly long time for the electric motor to kick in and start the propellers turning again.
By the time they do, there's maybe 5 seconds left before I'm depth charged. Sometimes I'm lucky, but will often suffer deck plating or flak gun damage.
My diesel/electric crew complement is full; green all the way across.
Has anyone found a way to lower the time span between diesel shut down and electric kick-in?
NOT FOR THE ELECTRIC 'KICK-IN' BUT IF YOUR SITTING 'HEAVY' AT 6 METERS OR DECKS AWASH, TROLLING ON THE DIESEL, INSTEAD OF FULLY SURFACED AT 4, IT SHOULD REDUCE YOUR CRASH-DEPTH TIME; ALSO DON'T FORGET AN IMMEDIATE HARD PORT OR STARBOARD TURN AS YOU ARE DIVING. TRY BOTH HEAVY AND FULLY SURFACED AND TIME THEM WITH A WATCH TO NOTE THE DIFFERENCE IN YOUR PARTICULAR GAME.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote