View Single Post
Old 03-12-18, 07:05 AM   #444
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I searched this 'Without reasonable doubt' in Danish to find out how it is in Danish law.

As I understand it, without reasonable doubt, will benefit the accused.

The prosecutor can not yet prove the exact cause of death, and thus this 'Without reasonable doubt' will benefit PM

As I wrote to my friends on my FB-wall
We shall be prepared for a verdict that is low ,not a life sentence or custody.
This because the prosecutor can't find exact cause of death.
The only thing they have is his own confession for cutting her into pieces and for having breaking some rules at sea.
There is a possibility that they give him a life sentence after all.
It will be based on circumstantial evidence which are very strong in this case.

This is only my opinion based on the little knowledge I have about Danish and Swedish law.

Markus
On the contrary Markus, beyond reasonable doubt actually benefits the judicial system because it is used as a fallback position when there is no concrete evidence and the judge or a jury will then decide if concrete evidence is actually needed.

In employment law here in the UK the test is 'balance of probabilities' which is slightly easier to base a judgement/decision on.

Taking an extreme example if I may.....a Brit goes to Denmark and murders somebody in a secluded area then cuts up the body and puts it through a mince meat machine then only admits to the latter part. I can't imagine the Danish judicial system being so stymied by such a scenario, surely.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote