View Single Post
Old 03-15-10, 06:29 AM   #13
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutted
Oh and when i run the SHSpeechEngineTest.exe it just crashes. Guess XP is out of the question then?

XP > W7 for gaming on my machine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westbroek View Post
@gutted
Dunno if you were a fan of sh3/4speech, but I loved using it and always was fascinated with how easily customized it was. Maybe we XP users should band together and tweak the old .csv files to accomodate SH5. I'm sure the hotkeys could be done... The mouse controls would be trickier, I never fiddled with those.
it's a thought anyway. Anyone interested?
My approach is alot better than those releases, due to the fact that I don't emulate mouse or keyboard. This approach actually let's you call game commands, and thus is UI independent (hint: UI mods may change position of dials/buttons etc). Emulators are dodgy and unreliable.

Guys, sigh, this is just the first release I quickly whipped up. Give me some days/weeks to finetune it and provide more info. I may make it compatible for XP too, but I don't have it so how could I know? That's what you guys are for... Just try it out instead of complaining about XP > W7, lol... seriously. Perhaps you can make it work, then great!

A few basic commands you can try:
- Ahead flank
- All stop

And if the test app crashes, then well, yea it won't work in game either...

Last edited by skwasjer; 03-15-10 at 08:11 AM.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote