Old 12-21-17, 10:13 AM   #2324
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 348
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBijsterveld View Post
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this because it drives me mad.

I'm starting a new silent hunter 5 campaign (the tutorial mission) with Open Horizons 2.5, thedarkwraiths UI mod and real navigation. Stock game is updated to 1.2.

Before starting I select full realism with the exception of no external view and stabilize view. I want the external view obviously just because it is cool

The big issue is the "no stabilize view" I have unticked it from the options in the main menu but still, every time I get in game, the view through the periscope is still not stabilized. (the UZO is also not stabilized. This is annoying because it is zoomed in so much that even in completely calm waters I cannot focus on anything)

I appreciate that it adds to the realism but it makes it near impossible to get a proper range to a target. In addition to it just being annoying to look at a moving screen the whole time. It gives me headaches.

Does anybody know why I can't get my view to stabilize? your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Kapitän Kevin
Check Gameplay Config file : Silent Hunter5 /Data /Cfg/ GameplaySettings .Cfg ( Open with Notepad ) Your Mods may overwrite that file so check them first

Towards bottom of that file

[Normal]
LimitedBatteries=true
LimitedCompressedAir=true
LimitedO2=true
LimitedFuel=true
RealisticRepairTime=true
ManualTargetingSystem=true
NoMapUpdate=false
RealisticSensors=true
DudTorpedoes=true
RealisticReload=true
NoEventCamera=true
NoExternalView=false
NoStabilizeView=true
MPShowPlayerNames=false
MPShowTorpedoes=false

Simon

Last edited by Cyborg322; 12-21-17 at 10:24 AM.
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote