View Single Post
Old 07-09-18, 06:09 AM   #60
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
The fading of those churches doesn't seem to be the cause of the next generation moving on, but rather the result of it. Peoples lives are not being left empty because of churches closing. The churches are closing because their members' children have found something they'd rather be doing. Yes, for some that may be a bad thing, but I'm sure that most of them would say otherwise.
Or the old ways that got passed on to people now living, hold no convincing attractiveness anymore. As I said, most of those church-christians that attended morning meditation were not "adventurous", but disappointed. They formed the older group, by tendency. The younger ones were those seeking new experiences.

The line between both groups and ages is not static, solid.

That is quite some tie ago now. I assume the internet'ÄS effects on our solcial lives and the way we can get easier any contact, input, information, impression from all over the world, has also changed our old familiar ways of social life. Sometimes for the good (lets face it, the closeness of an isolated village where everybody knows everbyody else can not only be idyllic, but also quite oppressive, if the social constellations and mutual symopathies and family structures are only rigid enough), sometimes for the worse (there seems to be growing indications in social and psychological research that the excessive use of smartphones and social media - which I often call anti-social media - pushes especially young people at greater risk of isolating themselves and/or growign lonely). Also, social behaviour skills (social intelligence) seem to erode.

Its complex processes runnign there, and everythign is in a chnage. Seems to me tht chnages just happens far too fast for a grpoewing number of ever younger people. It were the elder who were left behgind first, then the high mid-ages, now the mid-agers, but increasingly younger ones as well. But that is a wide fields to cover, and it snot exclusive about computer and relgion only. Fear for one's own job education and job future, pressure from mounting financial strains, and much more - so much can come together here. College loans, anyone?