View Single Post
Old 12-19-16, 08:41 PM   #1976
bareit98
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Can I answer this and I hope you don't take it personally ? - this comment is not just directed to you. I intend no disrespect, friend.

I started this mod some years ago. The main delay has been a very exacting professional exam, and my training as a Junior Associate (2011 to present). No apologies for that - feeding my parents comes first.

Everyone who wants this mod to come out sooner, I would like you to help. Some time ago I asked for some very basic research assistance and got almost no replies. I'm not asking people to model battleships or add playable rooms. What I need requires the ability to type and maybe use a smartphone!

-Lists of about 500-1000 plausible names for cargo ships from France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, &c. Not everyone has to do the whole 1000. I want names of animals, names of national heroes, towns, villages, and plausible combinations - "Royal Trader", "Great Trader", "Red Lion", "White Dolphin", etc. I don't like using internet translators - they are inaccurate!

-Lists of port cities, towns, & villages on the North Sea/Atlantic/Mediterranean coasts of Europe. And an idea of their size in 1914. Kapitain Oliver posted a very useful map recently. Anyone from France, Britain, etc who knows a little history can help.

-Radio traffic (mainly war news 1914-1918). I have already done hundreds of SOS messages, but I would love more.

-If you have a camera or modern phone, pictures of 1800's-1900s era European towns and buildings. Cottages, houses, town buildings, villas, warehouses, port cranes, etc that date from WWI. To help me add destructible towns to WOTK. I will do the modeling - I just need high quality pictures, if you happen to live in Europe.

To Leadtail, Oliver, and Jeff, Von Gerlach, and several others who have offered to help - I sincerely thank you. To everyone else who is anxious for the mod to come out, please start thinking, "what can I do to help?"

If you still need help with Italian merchant ships, I would be more than happy to help.
bareit98 is offline   Reply With Quote