View Single Post
Old 08-12-15, 12:12 PM   #119
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Default Strange problem and some questions.

Urmel/Blueduck, et. al.

First of all, THANK YOU so much for the work you've all done to provide us with another excellent "supermod".

The problem I've run into is rather strange; when I start the program from the shortcut in the desktop folder with all of the shortcuts, I get this pop-up warning "sh3.exe - Entry Point Not Found...The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll." If I click on the "OK" button several times, the warning goes away and the game starts and runs just fine. But, it is annoying and I'm wondering if it will cause problems later on as the game progresses (so far I have only tested it, successfully, in the Naval Academy Navigation training course, using the Full Version and GUI Widescreen MODs).

Do you, or anyone else have any ideas on how to stop this from happening? My system is an Alienware Area 51 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit, i7 960 Quad Core, 12GB DDR 1333MHz Triple Channel RAM, 1TB SATA 3Gb/s (RAID 1) 32MB Cache HDD, Dual 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GTX 460 Video Card, with a Dell U3011 monitor. I have a recent dxdiag report (no problems found) that I could send if it would help.

Next, is it possible to replace the stock "cartoonish" officer faces in the data/Menu/Data folder with those from "Das Boot"? I have that mod applied to my GWX3 installation, but I tried to do the same with the V15 and it didn't work. I would also like to get the crew out of their service dress uniforms and into more casual patrol attire, using Raptor's uniform mod, but I don't know if that would cause problems and I hope you can tell me whether or not that would be the case.

One final question, for now; should the additional V15 MODs I want to use be applied in the order they appear in the MOD folder?
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote