View Single Post
Old 04-19-08, 04:20 PM   #122
Tomcattwo
Loader

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

OLC,
Once again, an outstanding job on your mods, and may I also provide a personal "Thank You" for version 1.1 of the Ubermod - It was GREATLY appreciated that you split OLCE and OLC GUI because it gives us all much more flexibility in how we set up and run our SH3 installs.

I have your ubermod set up and running just fine in GWX 2.1 with Rubini's water stream mod, Racerboy's exhaust mod, Phoenix's English to German labels for Ubermod, my SH3Speech mod, and a bunch of other stuff and all is working well. The framerate, even on my older video card is still quite good, and the environment looks fantastic.

I may have some difficulty not being able to shift power on the scopes (so may have to revert back to OLC GUI 1.2.3) - use of power on periscopes for doing various types of searches is a tactical issue, and given our optical limitations in game and what I am used to seeing through a periscope for real, 3x power feels mighty uncomfortable for me personally. From a tactical perspective, there is a certain methodology used for getting the ship to PD and conducting searches thereafter that sort of necessitates the ability to do both high an low power sweeps. This is no knock on your fantastic work - I know why you had to do it the way you did in the latest OLC GUI version. I'll have to see how it feels for me as I play.

But I did want to thank you for another bangup job on a pair of outstanding mods, and for allowing us the flexibility to set em up however it feels best for us. Well done!

BZ!

R/
TC2