View Single Post
Old 03-31-10, 11:47 PM   #15
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Sim no more!

Yes Skybird, I know what you mean by " yesterday's snow" for you. I remember reading your post about Steel Fury's AI and being puzzled about it. I never had that kind of experience with SF's AI and nobody else has reported it in threads I have read.Could it be that your install was corrupted?After all it can't be that bad that it was voted or named armour of the year by HQ SIM I think.

I remember cursing at times the stupidity of the AI in SF and other games but overall I have been satisfied with it.

Yes Steel Fury's AI may be " yesterday's snow " as you put it but as I said after playing Panzer Elite and T34 versus Tiger it really shines believe me.May be it's case of mediocre winning against horrible.May be as you suggest modding has improved the AI( for some tanks it's true I have noticed that they are more aggressive than before).

There' s no need for any discussion to get ugly.I am not the type and I personally respect diverging point of views. You have yours and I have mine and it's fine like that. We can share our respective differences without going for each other's throats!

One thing I agree with you; Steel Beast is not a game and it's definitely not a tank game.It is in a class by itself.I would call it a Tank Training Simulation Software. It was designed by professionals to train professional soldiers from some of the best armies in the World. The graphics are not the prettiest because the object of the programme was not to entertain but to train.This also why the AI is way above the " competition".If some modder could update the graphics that sim would probably sell even better.I also think that people interested or looking in superior quality of AI and gameplay and willing to disregard the price tag should go for it!

This why you cannot objectively compare it to the tank sim games (SF, T72, PE, TvsT and others) available which are in a separate price and quality class.Of these, my experience is that Steel Fury is way above in what it delivers and allows you to do with it.Others may have had a different perspective or experience and I understand Still if people were to ask me what is the best tank sim game available I would tell them SF but I would also tell them that SB is the best tank sim available punto!

Ok end of lecture. It's always good to exchange point of views without coming to blows!

Are you German or an expat living in Germany?

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote