Old 09-10-18, 03:53 PM   #6567
captcrane
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post

=============

One thing I noticed when coming into Fremantle was the number of units in the harbor!?!

Way too many!! I don't know if you remember encountering this (or any of you other guys playing Ultimate?), but this is not how we want things to go.

I brought this up to our resident expert on mission files.....(propbeanie), and he quickly came up with a better solution!

The number of ship units that had spawned during my patrol, and apparently never left the area was not right! He reworked the mission/ harbor files and the amount of units being rendered became much more manageable!

Now, I don't know if this had anything to do with your lack of getting crew slots for the Deck Gun? BUT, when the game is maxing itself out of memory due to the amount of unit rendering that's taking place...….anything is possible?!? Memory is nothing you want to lose.

We hope to have this fixed for our next version too!!
Thank you for the quick response I know you guys are busy. I know the thing you are talking about with all the ships. It also happened on the east side of Formosa. The game will slow down because of ship spawning. must be something with the T/C. Probably something similar happened at Fremantle. Still great job on the game none the less!
captcrane is offline   Reply With Quote