Old 11-15-14, 05:19 AM   #14
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Uploads: 0
Default lame brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Once again, Steam users have an awkward workaround so they can do what everyone else does easily.

Anyone care to explain the upside?
Regardless of how you look at it, making something work is the upside!

SH3 is old technology and now it is still running on new platforms. Commander was written before this new technology came along, and it too now can be used. What is wrong with that?

Steam changed how applications are run. SH3 is still a great game, and now can be fully enjoyed by folks who would otherwise have to find other "modern" games to play. I have the disk version, as I have already stated. It won't run on my modern windows machine. My system does not even have a disk drive!

Many other great games won't run any more, so I hope steam or some other entity can turn some wheels, or cranks, or whatever to allow folks to continue to enjoy.

Take away your prejudice, as if steam versions are not "legit" because they are. Just try to find any store, anywhere, selling legit disk copies now. Buying from Amazon is not buying legit, as in buying from an authorized distributor. There is nothing wrong with recycling old games, on disk or download. Steam pays for the rights to sell games.

Your disk version of the game is not a different game than mine. I have paid for legit disk copies of SH3, twice, and a legit copy of the steam version. Only the steam version will run on my system; through no choice of mine. So I have paid for my game play!

Go troll some other thread!

Last edited by raymond6751; 11-15-14 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Add a line.
raymond6751 is offline   Reply With Quote