View Single Post
Old 03-06-10, 09:41 PM   #46
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkuth74 View Post
Yes its harder.. But some people like myself hate math, and the Manual way requires some math.
No it doesn't. I use manual targetting with no map contacts, and i dont do any math at all most of the time. Sure you can do that if you want.. and sometimes i see a situation where i "might" do that, but that doesn't mean you have to... or even need to. Few months ago i had a video of me using an AOB wheel to intercept.. then kill a ship in SHIV. I never once looked at a map. Was done comepletely visually.

Anyway, some people around here are just very anal when it comes to figuring out a solution in manual targetting. It's like their computing a trajectory to land on the moon within 0.01 microns. Totally unnecessary.

All it takes is an understanding of how everything works. Which parts of it you can "fudge" on, and which parts you can't.

I may throw up a few videos on manual targetting very soon if i can tear myself away from playing. I doubt they'll be step by step though, as i dont really like those kinds of videos. why? Because im an electrician in the real world.. and i can show any monkey how to pull wire and hook up a 3-way switch.. but that doesn't mean he knows how (or why) it works.

Last edited by gutted; 03-06-10 at 09:51 PM.
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote