View Single Post
Old 08-14-09, 11:00 PM   #7
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

I found one you can compare it to. See the engine room damage. The compartment box is half filled with water, so getting bad.

One thing to watch is how fast they fill up. Kinda gives you a clue of how bad it is. They fill up fast, you're in trouble. I've seen one fill up in 30 seconds. The priority is for me is usually the bulkhead, compressor, then trim pump if they're damaged.

For me, IMO, other may differ. If the compartment is totally red and totally flooded, I put the men in compartments not totally damaged. However, certain things you may need priority. Say my forward torp room is 90% damaged. I'm gonna fill it up with good repairmen. However, if my trim pump is damaged, I'm gonna give that priority to the damage crew so that will be ready to pump when the bulkheads are fixed.

I see no need trying to put a bulkhead totally destroyed as priority. You can't fix it so why waste the men there....? I think with stock and most mods, it doesn't show on the list anyway.

Something I'm not clear on is if the oil tank is leaking if that shows on the surface making you easier to track down. Oil does show bubbbling from the sub on the cam. If it's not major, I want it fixed ASAP. Here I had one compartment flooding, but wanted my oil tank fixed because I was under attack. If I had more damage, it would get placed further down the list. Some say it doe's give you away, others say no.....

However, planes got lucky here and both my engines are gone....game over.

Last edited by Armistead; 08-15-09 at 01:32 AM.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote