View Single Post
Old 02-22-17, 08:42 AM   #6
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I see the paranoia involving Microsnot is still going strong in the house of Skybird.

I don't think Skybird is paranoid. I had the latest version of Windows 10 in 2 brand new upscale units and Win 10 did more to hamper my work than any previous system from Microsoft. You know you have a problem when you have to work around a system rather than the system working with you. Win 10 didn't want to work with other systems not of Microsoft origin. In 1997, Microsoft was in court for this very reason.

Further, I had one computer that was upgraded from Win7 to Win 10. After that was done, The system would download updates from Microsoft continually and would incapacitate the computer, literally for hours. If one is in business, you can ill afford to have a computer down for hours. I removed Win 10 and I'm thrilled that I did. Various computer magazines I have read have all said that the spyware that is prevalent in Windows 10 is migrating to the legacy setups like Win 7. I will look for the links to those computer magazines if anyone is interested.

Skybird, Rockin Robbins and others have discussed the pitfalls of Microsoft systems and advocated the merits of the Linux OS systems and we agree it's worth a look.

Thanks for doing the research and posting the Links Moonlight. Your information is helpful as well. It's up to the individual user what they want to use and how they use it. Thankfully, there are alternatives to Microsoft systems.

By the way, the offending update is KB 2952664, not KB 295664. I'm sure that was just a typo.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 02-22-17 at 09:22 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote