View Single Post
Old 01-09-13, 09:30 AM   #38
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Okay so I just had an awesome experience.

Decided I wanted to fly in crappy weather so I flew from KLAX to KNTD (I think, it is actually Point Mugu, California) in fogged in weather. Wow, quite a pea soup at ground level. Quite interesting to take off in and fly above. And then I got to Pt Mugu, they directed me inland and to descend. . . riiiiight into a mountain.

That was more my fault though, I had it on autopilot to descend and hold 2,400 and should have known better but started messing with my GPS.

But they talked about the localizers and holding onto them. I know what they are from a quick google search, but how do I really use them with the ILS? Better yet, can either of you give me a quick run down on using ILS to land?? Usually I just use my GPS and look at the instrument feathers for the runways and try to get as close as possible to center.

The way they made it sound though, it seems like you should be able to use it with something in the cockpit??

And I looked in the FSX learning center and found nothing on the ILS and how to use it to land.