Old 07-24-18, 04:05 PM   #11
nihilcat
UBOOT Dev

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
thank you for your answers Nihilcat,

Celestial Navigation will be great to have (no need to be in the release version). But as the stars allready stands at their correct positions now,will be great to have the abbility to navigate through them maybe at a later update
And this made me wonder , what about tools for plotting on the map? will the player be able to draw lines-angles-circles-parallels...etc on the map?

about the AI , i didn't ask to spoil anything (i fully understand that this would kill all the immersion). i asked if there would be one and only standar pattern or a randomness at possible patterns to follow.
But ,as you said it is satisfying, i have no reason to doubt and i would like to see it in your beta version

Thats wonderful news that you are planning to add sonar and radar stations too. it doesn't matter that will not be at the release (of course bugs comes first).

about modding , it looks like we are about to have an almost open game for modding . This is just....heaven

ps: i didn't saw any special thread for Questions thats why i replied here.if there is any, i will keep there.

All the best to your efforts
Apologies for a late reply makman94,

Map tools are currently in a basic shape as necessary buttons are missing in the current iteration of UI... we will certainly add them back during or possibly before beta though

Regarding the AI - that's correct, there is some randomness. Characters, ships and groups of ships (like convoys) are driven by the same core AI system. It has some fuzzy logic built in and is moddable too, but in practice some calibration may still be needed. I'm not sure, how seasoned players will see all of this and I'm personally lacking perspective. Technically it's a flexible system and there shouldn't be a problem to do anything, if there is a solid feedback.

PS no problem, don't worry about the thread thing Thank you!
nihilcat is offline   Reply With Quote