View Single Post
Old 12-03-18, 06:17 AM   #61
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Regarding being able to pay bills, i have been there not so long ago. However my first idea in such circumstances is to sell the car, because it is luxury. You can always use the public transportation system.

Which certainly does not apply when you really need a car to earn your money. Especially when you are self-employed, or own a company. However the latter mostly pass the costs on to the customers..

What do you do against unnecessary greed, from products you need for living, to oil prices? Wouldn't it be better to have another (than oil) resource for commuting, and transport
But yes, forcing taxes obviously does not take account of the present social situation. The road to hell is plastered with good intentions..

So yes, you are right.
But what is the better alternative source for commuting and transport on the road? I don't believe battery powered cars are the 'clean' answer, sure they don't spoil the air but what about the impact producing and disposing these batteries are having on the enviroment? If more and more move to battery powered cars it'll have a big impact on nature mining the resources needed, we'll polute the enviroment producing the batteries and some god forsaken third world country will have to deal with our waste on their soil poluting the groundwater that they need to wash and drink.

Quote:
edit: still, i cannot see another government (left or right) being able to rise the worker's salary at a 35 percent to soothe the masses, as they did in the 1950ies. Both cannot, and the latter will not even want to.
Nope but salaries should go up to compensate for the inflation and increase in taxes or just inflation if they reduced the tax burden.